- UFM 2022 Festival Jury Award 1-5 Minutes: 3rd Place
- Synopsis: Wasteminster is a uniquely original depiction of what would happen if the plastic waste the UK exports each day was instead dumped on Downing Street. Voiced by two of Britain’s best impressionists, Jon Culshaw and Matt Forde, the animation is intended to raise a smile at the impressions of Boris Johnson and Michael Gove, and raise awareness of the plastic pollution crisis the UK is creating overseas as well as putting pressure in the government.
- Director Biography: Dutch directors Sil van der Woerd & Jorik Dozy started to co-direct in 2017. In their Music Videos and Short Films they combine exotic locations, stunning cinematography and high end visual effects to tell heartfelt stories that often touch on ecological and humanitarian issues.
- Director Statement: “We didn’t want to put words into Boris’s mouth so we went through hours of interviews and speeches by Boris and the government where plastic pollution and the environment were discussed and quotes were extracted. All statements in the film were made by Boris and the government.”
- Directors: Sil van der Woerd, Jorik Dozy
- Producer: Sean Lin
Country: United Kingdom